This document details the step-by-step instructions on how to assign a SQL login to a database.
- Use the SQL Login Manager to create a new MS SQL user in the MS SQL 2005 Manager section of the hosting control panel
- Connect to the database using SQL Server Management Studio with your primary login
- Expand the Databases node
- Locate the database to which you want to add the new SQL Login and expand the node
- Expand the Security Node
- Right click on the Users node and select "New User..."
- In the Database User Properties
- Type the username you want to assign to this login in the "User name" textbox
- Type the login you want to assign to the database in the "Login name" textbox
- In the Database role membership, select the role you want to grant this user.
- Click OK